18th century, cast iron, originally painted in silver (white) and (red) — the city colors of Zwickau.
In addition to the towers — first documented in the 13th century — another city emblem was created in the 15th century showing three swans. Both emblems were combined and complemented by helmets around 1560. The right helmet symbolizes St. Maurice (Mauritius), the city’s patron until the Reformation. The left helmet refers to the fact that Zwickau belonged to Electoral Saxony. The seven flags commemorate the seven Electorates of the «old» German Reich. This city emblem could be found in the town hall until 1865.