These five badges made from bronze probably served as admission when passing the town gates of Zwickau. They are likely manufactured by Peter Mülich the Elder, a master bronze caster working in Zwickau at these times. He was the master gunsmith of the town council since 1522 and master gunsmith of the Electorate of Saxony since 1523 — he was known for masterfully handcrafting gun barrels (e.g. the so-called ‘Lion’ gun barrel from 1570 to be found at the museum courtyard). Later on Mülich also concentrated on bell casting (bell from 1570 to be found in the museum’s permanent exhibition).