Link to big image version

Floor vase

with view of the town hall and theater of Zwickau, 1905-1910, cobalt and underglaze painting

This vase was manufactured in the porcelain factory of Friedrich Kaestner in Zwickau-Oberhohndorf. The factory produced ceramics between 1883 and 1971. It was one of three porcelain factories situated in Zwickau; thanks to many innovative ideas it was the most successful company and the factory existing for the longest time.